Well Water Treatment > Iron
Out Feeder Systems > Stain Controllers
Which Rid O' Rust Formula Do you Use?
STEP ONE: Test the well water.
- The measurement of well water's acidity (or
alkalinity) is termed "pH". Neutral pH is 7.0. A reading lower
than 7.0 is to the acidic side, a reading higher than 7.0 to the alkaline
- Hardness is measured in grains per gallon (gpg). We
consider well water measuring 15 gpg or more relatively "hard".
- Iron content is measured in part per million (ppm).
One part per million (1ppm) will produce a noticeable rust stain in a month.
STEP TWO: Choose proper formula.
- For "acidic" well water measured at a pH
of 6.0 or lower, you MUST use Rid O' Rust Rust Extreme Water Concentrate 2X
- For "hard" well water measuring in the
15-20 gpg range or higher, we recommend Rid O' Rust Rust Preventer 2X
Concentrated - RR1to prevent rust and Rid O' Rust Calcium and Scale
Preventer Concentrate RRC-1to prevent calcium.
- For the majority of applications, Rid
O' Rust Rust Preventer 2X Concentrated - RR1will do the job.